January 21, 2010

Why does mother ALWAYS know best?

Have you ever noticed how mothers always seem to be right? I mean even when you think that something will be a certain way, even when you think your idea is the right idea, they always have to turn out to be right. I've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely pointless to argue with my mother because at the end of the day she will still be right. Whether its a problem in the kitchen, a discussion on my nieces and nephews or any general issue- she is always right. (ok, ok, sometimes she is wrong- but it happens so seldom that its too insignificant to count) I think its some secretive mother-code thing that i don't get because I'm not a mother. My brother says its experience and i guess he's right. We tend to forget that our mothers have had more than enough of their fair share of experience, and with all that experience comes insurmountable knowledge. I guess we should be really grateful that our first and last teachers will always be our mothers. Because even though i can hit my fists against the table (like really- am i wrong again!!!), I'm really grateful that my mother is still around to guide, teach and love me. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog