December 14, 2009

Welcome


Assalamu-Alaikum and welcome to Girl Talk 786

I know that sometimes it‘s tough- what with grappling with the demands of our media-filled society, our conscience to remain true to ourselves and our struggle to retain our Islamic identities, it is no wonder that we find our heads spinning. Who are we? Who should we be? Who do our parents want us to be? What kind of muslimahs are we? These are questions that constantly nag us. These are questions that we continue, even if we don’t realize it, to attempt to answer for ourselves. I’ll be honest- I’m still grappling with figuring all of this out for myself- so I won’t claim that I’m better off than any of you. But what I do know is that I can share my own experiences of life, I can walk on roads I’ve walked on before in the attempt to help you figure out where you are headed. I can share my pains, my joys, my experiences and my lessons, and I can try to help you get through whatever it is you are struggling with.

I’m not an Aalima and I’m not a psychologist, I’m simply your Muslim sister who can lend an ear and give you my opinion. I’ll be straightforward and tell it like it is, and then you can decide what my opinion is worth.
From Pop culture, books and movies, to personal issues- together we can partake in true ‘girl talk’ and enjoy the company of our fellow Muslim sisters.

So join me on this journey. Read the posts, ask a question and post your comments. Working together, we can make life a little bit easier for each other.
Until next time
Assalamu-Alikum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog