June 29, 2010

Run away!

I wonder... is it just a girl thing to stick our noses in problems that just simply do not belong to us? I mean, what is it with us? Take me for example, I'm going happily along my way, minding my own happy business when I (as in my stupid half) decide that I must go and intervene in someone else's problems! Why? Because I feel that I'm level- headed and can actually make a difference? Or is it becasue I'm nosy and I just like getting involved...? And then, while I was on my own merry way before, I now suddenly become involved in an entangling drama. The worst part is that I'll be the first one to complain when there's too much drama in my life! Eish!

So I'm learning my lesson for once and for all. The next time there's something going on that doesn't concern me, I'm not just walking away... I'm running... like really really fast! Why cause unnecessary drama to your own life? It just doesn't make any sense.

Most of us are probably guilty of this too. When we walk midway into a conversation between others, we always have to ask: "What are you talking about? What's going on?" Chances are that it probably doesn't concern us... so why get involved right?
Didn't the Prophet (S.A.W) say something to the effect that the beauty of a man's imaan is to leave what doesn't concern him? hmm... that gets you thinking right?

So from now on I'm going to try my hardest to be as 'uninvolved' as possible. I can already imagine what a peaceful life I'll have if, amidst all the drama drama drama, I simply walk away...!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Eish :) Have not heard it in a while.
    Your post is agreeable as we should leave alone what does not concern us but more so because we do not know at which stage we are bordering on back biting, gossiping and/or hurting another person directly/indirectly. DOes not mean if you are in conversation you should run away - rather listen and choose to be quiet. Hold your tongue and if you dislike what you are hearing - kindly ask the person to stop talking about the topic. THis is what I do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog